Please help me identify this anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

staskied

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought some live rock for a new reef aquarium setup and one of my crazy kids found this. I am hoping you can help me identify it, so I can care for it. image-4061986255.jpg

Thank you for your help.

David

To me it looks more like a feather duster than an anemone. Can you get a pic with it being opened up?

if its aiptasia anemone you are going to have to buy an aiptasia eating fish or boil the live rock they are very bad for reef tanks. the first pic looks like a feather duster but the second looks like aiptasia

I don't think it looks like aiptasia at all. The base is too thick, isn't it?

if its aiptasia anemone you are going to have to buy an aiptasia eating fish or boil the live rock they are very bad for reef tanks. the first pic looks like a feather duster but the second looks like aiptasia

Looking at the picture on this website. http://fins.actwin.com/species/index.php?t=9&i=310

I don't think the tentacles on mine are long enough to be Aiptasia. Being new to this I know I could be wrong please respond if you think that is the case.

David

I don't think it's aiptasia. The base is way to thick. I'm guessing some type of feather duster?

Do Feather Dusters move on their own? Whatever I have has moved all over the rock that it came on.

David

Do Feather Dusters move on their own? Whatever I have has moved all over the rock that it came on.

David

I don't think they do, nor does aiptasia. Sounds like you got a cool hitchhiker there :) I have no idea what kind of anemone though lol

I blew it up looks like a cinnamon paly to me

img_2566641_0_a2d10c5c839044f27e8a0879abd0517e.jpg

these are mine they look pretty close

img_2566641_1_e69e23641aac015fe4b4dc80f7d7dedb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom