please help me with my 305

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hia just set up my fluval 305 first time ever using a canister filter i can get it to prime using the little pump. when i pump i can see a big air bubble going up and down in the intake stem and no water is going into the filter. has anyone had this problem before ?

You have to pump quite a bit (I did) to get the tub full of water. Don't let the impeller run too long without water passing by, it'll burn out.

I had air bubbles coming out for quite awhile and a slight jolt (kinda rocking) to the tub would help eliminate bubbles and they came out for a week or so after I first set it up.

Ya might try filling the canister with water before ya turn it on - I have three 405's that work great and that's what I do after cleaning them!

Your issue has happened to me twice with my 404 during maintenance.... Try disconnecting the hoses from the canister and reconnect ... sometimes the hoses are not in all the way so you do not create the seal needed when you prime the handle.

... in both cases, I did not push down enough on the hoses ... they were not in all the way.

I generally find filling the filter helps quite a bit. To be honest I would probably suck on the hose to get the siphon working and jam the hose quickly back on the filter. Putting the filter in a bucket first will help keep down the mess. Yes I know some people are going Yuck!!!, but it does work.

in the end i emptied it all out and sucked on the output to suck the water in

Back
Top Bottom