Please help! Spooks has white/silver patch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squeaker

Aquarium Advice Regular

I just found Spooks on the bottom of my tank barely holding on. She has a silver/white splotch on her side. Its not fuzzy or anything like that. I did a 30% water change today. Also my other Molly had 40 fry. All my water parameters are good. She was fine two hours ago. Please help.

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

The scales were lost. She didn't make it, but would like to know what it was so I can prevent it I the future.

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

Ok, the speed of this brings me to the water change but I've listed below my thoughts.

Fungal I've had develop rapidly overnight after a pwc too cold but that was a growth.

Bacterial infection is possible but I think it would of had to have been a problem before pwc. 2hrs is really quick. Generally a growth or lesion visible.

Fish was seriously attacked. That doesn't look to be the case with your stocking unless you saw something?

Water chemistry - is ammonia 0 from a liquid test kit, could any poisons have been introduced into tank, did you use right water conditioner, has the tap water company changed the water chemistry? I've found fry can be quite resistant while adult fish go down so haven't ruled out the water chemistry.

The only change I can see in your tank is the pwc with a rapidly developing problem soon after?

I took water samples to PetSmart today, just to be sure. I also took a sample of tap. Eveything was perfect in my fry tank and the one in question. The pH was a little high in my tap water, but I am an avid believer/user of Prime. I am using a liquid testing kit. I also have the ammonia and pH alert thingys in my tanks.

Sounds great news on water specs. Had the fish been fine before hand. Eating and schooling well with fins up? Bacterial infection could be possible as well but it would be very quick. It would make more sense if there was an internal bacterial infection, then pwc which was then too much stress all up for the fish.

Sounds great news on water specs. Had the fish been fine before hand. Eating and schooling well with fins up? Bacterial infection could be possible as well but it would be very quick. It would make more sense if there was an internal bacterial infection, then pwc which was then too much stress all up for the fish.

Spooks was fine. Her and my other Mollies were swimming around together, at feeding time she was eating the frozen brine shrimp out of my fingers as usual. I make sure to wash my hands very thoroughly before putting them in any of my tanks, because you never know what you might introduce into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom