Please help :( :( super sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409620220.546880.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409620248.502020.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409620277.728507.jpg

Pleeeeaaase tell me this isn't culmanaris in my main tank ????

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm sorry to say but it looks like its columnaris. I've had many tetras (specifically red eyed tetras) that have gotten this disease. I've had a few survive but it's unlikely. Usually what works the most is to isolate them ASAP. Columnaris is very contagious usually with a single species that schools. In their isolation tank use aquarium salt, not marine salt, and any medication that cures ich. Hope your fish makes it. Good luck.

That's what I figured, now I just need to asses and see who else has it ? and any chance people know how much furan for 2 gallons? I have the bulk jar. Or if someone can poor out one of their packets of furan and measure it.

http://www.petguys.com/-317163160700.html

60 mg Nitrofurazone and 25 mg Furazolidone per packet.

Directions for use: For best results, remove activated carbon or filter cartridge from filter and continue aeration. For each 10 gallons (38L) of water, empty one packet directly into aquarium. Repeat dose after 24 hours. Wait another 24 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water. Repeat this treatment for a second time, for a total of 4 doses. Then make a final 25% water change and add fresh activated carbon or replace filter cartridge. Treatment may be repeated, if necessary. Note: This medication will cause a slight discoloration of water which can be removed with activated carbon. This package treats up to 100 gallons. Four doses required for full course of treatment.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Back
Top Bottom