Please help with this plant ID....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anybody identify this plant?
img_816026_0_ae46e4adb23c37bd2aed256b6928dc03.jpg

I agree it looks like a Nymphoides, not sure if its aquatica, peltata, or sp 'Taiwan'. I don't think it is Taiwan because it's leaves appear to be floating on the surface, Taiwan doesn't do that.

I will say that Nymphoides aquatica is much more common in pet stores than the other two. We need more detail. A shot of the top of the leaf and the bottom of the plant would be nice. If it is an aquatica then the bananas at the bottom will give it away.

I believe it was sold to me as Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan'. There are no bananas on the bottom, the stems just come out of the substrate. The leaves to rise to the top and form what looks much like a lilly pad

This is a plant that was given to me a while back. I did not write down the name and have taken all of this plant out and given it away to others. Somebody was asking about plants that would provide shade and I wanted to recommend this plant. Since I could not remember what it was called, I came to you good people to help out.

Back
Top Bottom