please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 55g tank has been finished cycling for about 3 months now and there are 18 fish in it but I have this brown stringy/hair like algae looking stuff on the bottom of the tank and it looks like it's growing from uneaten dried bloodworms. I have a Bristle nose Pleco and 4 corys and they are clearing it up very little by little but is there a faster way to get rid of it or maybe get a few fish to help get rid of it?

you might want to feed way less cause if there is left over bloodworms there is a problem lol i have a 55 tall and i throw one cube with a pinch of flakes and theres nothing left within 5 mins

i have about 15 fish so try cutting back ......do some weekly/ bi weekly water changes

how long do you run the light for

The light is only on for 4 hours and all I put in is about a pinch to a pinch and a half 2 time a week so I don't know how much less to give them? and I've been doing weekly water changes to try and get rid of it but my syphin doesent pick it up I have to try and catch it with my net or my last resort is to take out and clean my gravel which takes about 8 hours to do(which includes gravel, all decos and the bottom glass

Here's a pic of it

Attachments

• image-3461335143.jpg
    image-3461335143.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 56
Checked out the link but didn't see anything exactly like it but the hair algae looks kinda like it. How can I tell if it's a fungus? Cause it's everywhere?

Checked out the link but didn't see anything exactly like it but the hair algae looks kinda like it. How can I tell if it's a fungus? Cause it's everywhere?

The pic isn't very clear (app user), but it looks like the slimy stuff I was getting on some DW. My gravel vac got rid of it after a few stepped up PWC.

I guess I'll try and up my water changes and hope that gets rid of it if not then I think imma have to take all my gravel out and clean it by hand

Back
Top Bottom