Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CHYDOLL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 20 gallon tank set up for about 6 months now and I have yet to go a full week with clear water. I currently have 3 fish in the tank. An opaline gourami (who I've had for 5 months), a sunburst gourami (who I've had for a few weeks) and a baby guppy who's been in there since the beginning. I have a couple decorations and natural stone gravel. I have the tetra power filter 40 on it but it will not stay clear. I've tried acurel, crystal clear and I also use stress zyme and stress coat during water changes. Right now the water is currently yellow and this is a few days after doing about a 25% water change. I don't know what else to do. So please help

Why are your parms, any driftwood. I use Aquaon and it work great. It makes particles stick togther an filter out easier

No driftwood just my 3 fish who seem very happy. Right now my ammonia is .25 and my ph is 7.4. I have used tons of products and none have helped. I have a small amount of algae that grows on the glass but nothing out of control.

About 2 weeks ago I changed the gravel completely thinking that was the cause. And I made sure to rinse it very well before adding it in.

image-3077085709.jpg

This is my disaster of a tank.

When I get home I plan to do a bigger water change and go from there but I need some advice as to what to do.

ohhhhh you have a big algae bloom going on. get a pleco and some snails. clean filter keep the light off as much as posible keep tank out of sun

Should I do the water change as planned?

Good to know because right now my light is on about 10-12 hours a day. I used to have a pleco but I brought him back to my job (I work in a pet store) because he was too big. We small algae eaters and otto cats so maybe I'll get a couple.

Good to know because right now my light is on about 10-12 hours a day. I used to have a pleco but I brought him back to my job (I work in a pet store) because he was too big. We small algae eaters and otto cats so maybe I'll get a couple.

That's way to much light, 8 hours is the most they should run

make sure your ammonia is back down to 0 before adding an otoinculus catfish, those chemicals you used likely hurt your beneficial bacteria and they can be quite sensitive

Thank you. I'll do the water change as planned and keep the light off. It's not in any sunlight so I don't have to worry about that. I appreciate the help because I've been having issues for so long and I just want a clear tank

Should I add any more chemicals to it or just simply the water change?

Back
Top Bottom