Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MetalMom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm grateful for any advice you have. I have a 60 gallon freshwater community tank I set up in January. I was slowly adding fish and my water was testing fine. All was fine and peaceful until I added a lot of fish 9 days ago. Since then, fish of all species have been dying at the rate of 2-4 per day. They don't look or act sick at all.
I find them dead and pale colored, and in the few I've seen dying, there is no clear pattern. Water parameters tested normal on Sunday, today my pH is 7.6 . Feeling sad and discouraged here. What can I do, if anything?

What are the water parameters? Ammonia reading? Nitrite reading? Nitrate reading? If you do not have your own test kit I suggest getting one, as often chain stores will say everything is "fine" without even knowing or telling you the actual measurements.

Don't get discouraged, we all go through problems like this at one time or another. My guess would be an ammonia spike, but we'd need to know the water chemistry readings. Do you have a test kit (don't rely on the stores)? Either an API liquid master kit or Tetra Test strips will do. (I use both.) Check for ammonia and nitrite and then get back to us with the readings.

We're here to help. (y)

I agree with the two above.I think you are still cycling..
Have you changed water on this tank?
If so how much how often?

Back
Top Bottom