please Identify these lil guys for me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TidBitz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Top one is actually purple with a blue haze, lil guy was soo stressed in the stores lil tank he was solid white. Bottom is a brilliant orange.

ForumRunner_20121204_161258.jpg

Ok so when I picked up my tank today these two came with, I can't remember what the guy said they were called sorry for bad pix but they were pretty freaked out from ride. Male is a dark rust red color with stripes female is as shown. Can anyone identify them for me please.

ForumRunner_20121205_032820.jpg

ForumRunner_20121205_032833.jpg

1st one looks like a bumblebee Cichlid aka pseudotropheus Crabro and the second looks like a tropheus of some sort.Different lakes.

Sorry incorrect, they are both the same species their mouths look like they have ran into the glass way too much and flattened them as well as pushed them down to their lower body. I'll try to put up better pix now they have calmed down.

ForumRunner_20121205_172911.jpg

IMG_20121205_172822.jpg

Those last two both are tropheus, not sure on which species or variant though (it looks like you have two different types of tropheus). They originate from Lake Tanganyika.

They're best kept in colonies due to their conspecific aggression; they may be somewhat prone to bloat so a low-protein content percentage veggie-based diet is best for these guys.

...their mouths look like they have ran into the glass way too much and flattened them...

The shape of a tropheus mouth is very adapted to algae-grazing.

You hit the nail on the head that's what he said...... thank you and thank you for info now I can feed them properly.

Back
Top Bottom