pleco help confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper90

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so earlier i noticed my plec laying on her back not moving had a look and she wernt breathing ... was fine the before when i looked at her (she had been in same area all day) throughout the rest of the day as she was sucking on a peice of bogwood then around 3 hours ago maybe i looked and she was upside down .... so i was like ok she has died but i couldnt take her out as my son was here so was waiting until he had gone then went to look about an hour ago as she had moved in the tank but was upright so just thought the current had turned her over and out from under the bogwood she was under and still couldnt see her breathing then all of a sudden she moved her eyes .... she has now moved but is still only staying in one place at bottom of tank right side up.... help as to why she has done this and is it normal ...we have had her since sept but people before had her for a bit she only about 3 and half inches ....did a water test yesterday and today once i noticed her laying on her back but the tests are basically the same as yesterday ( not gone up) ...help

maxresdefault.jpg this isnt her but this is what she was doing this for a couple of hours

Yah. I've seen it before. One died a few weeks later and one is absolutely huge and a few years old. It's like they hit a nice pocket of bacteria in the wood and get all spun out, pass out and wake up in the hallway of their childhood home with the neighbors Christmas decorations and 14 empty boxes of mcnuggets

Yah. I've seen it before. One died a few weeks later and one is absolutely huge and a few years old. It's like they hit a nice pocket of bacteria in the wood and get all spun out, pass out and wake up in the hallway of their childhood home with the neighbors Christmas decorations and 14 empty boxes of mcnuggets
LMAO. This is great

ok ...well she swimming around a bit better this morning but still only staying still aka she not "munching" around

do they do it when stressed at all? only asking because the other day we took the male out of tank they were in with their babies as we were supposed to be getting a male lemon that that evening to go with her but that fell through so its just her with about 70 babies it is a 3ft tank so plebty of room

Back
Top Bottom