Pleco ID help plz!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lydia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone happen to know what kind of pleco is this? It was sold to me as a zebra pleco but after looking them up i REALLY dont think he is. He is grayish instead of white and black and doesn't have the same rigid stripes. His stripes are way more abstract and almost more blotches than stripes. I tried to take a good pic last night but he is still shy. Please help! thanks all!

Attachments

• image-1255592244.jpg
    image-1255592244.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 119
Any ideas are more than welcome. There are just so many kinds of pleco that I don't even know where to start researching. Thanks for all your input.

To me it look like it was a zebra pleco , intel I google it and yours looked more dark , it may be a Scribble Pleco .

Maybe someone else can chime in , do you have any more pics ?!

Sharkbait54 said:
I have I like them the most at of all of the others :)

Lol I butchered that sentence....what I meant to say is. I have one and it's my favorite type of Pleco. Lol

Sharkbait54 said:
Lol I butchered that sentence....what I meant to say is. I have one and it's my favorite type of Pleco. Lol

LOL ... I got the drift on what the sentence meant ... Had to read twice though ...lol

It sure is a beautiful fish whatever kind of pleco it is. Be careful though if you have live plants, some types of plecos will eat live plants... I think clown plecos are one of the ones that eat plants.

I was pretty positive that Clown pleco was correct but now I am totally leaning towards the Colombian zebra. I'll have to take a few better pics and post them but for now I am leaning toward the columbian zebra. That would explain why it was sold to me as a zebra. I'll post more pics in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom