Pleco wipeout!! Helpp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had 3 albino bristle nose plecos in my 29g aquarium! I also have 2 ottos . I found my biggest pleco dead one morning it's bristles were all puffed out! Then a few days later I checked and a smaller one had died it's belly was kind of swelled out! I done a big water change and tested water everything was good! The next day my last pleco died! I looked at it and around its gills were bloody looking and the top of its head! It didn't have any in its mouth though!! I currently have drain moth larva I am trying to get rid of ! It's these little worms! I'm 99% sure that's what they are! Because I have seen them fly around tank and there was a baby fly underneath my tank hood! I put two guppies in to see if they would eat them! Could that be what killed my plecos? It's really heart breaking I loved them and spend 60$ on them!
Ph 7.6
Ammonia o
Nitrite 0
Nitrate it almost tested 0 so maybe a 1ish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you doing the test right, these guys pointed out i was doing mine wrong, have to shake bottle #2 vigorously for 30 seconds, put 10 drops from bottle 1 in, shake lightly, shake bottle 2 vigorously for 30 seconds add 10 drops from bottle 2, shake vigorously in tube for 1 min let sit for 5 min

Sent from my SM-G920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't have to shake your arm off but shake it pretty hard.

Yeah they are cute

Attachments

• 1447209397959.jpg
    1447209397959.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 75
Lack of nitrates is odd, what else is in the tank.

Yea it is weird! There was 3 plecos and 2 ottos! Now there is only 2 ottos and 2 guppies! I put the guppies In to try to eat the worms! It is heavily planted if that has anything to do with it!

Are you doing the test right, these guys pointed out i was doing mine wrong, have to shake bottle #2 vigorously for 30 seconds, put 10 drops from bottle 1 in, shake lightly, shake bottle 2 vigorously for 30 seconds add 10 drops from bottle 2, shake vigorously in tube for 1 min let sit for 5 min

Yes I redone it 2 times and followed the directions! I really shaked it alotttt!!! I will re do it tommrow and see if it is different! Your pleco is adorable!!

Look into planaria for worm ID?

Yea i think that's what it is! There not covering the glass until I turn the light on the they go crazy and the are flat! How in the world do u get rid of them???? Could they hurt my fish? I don't understand I do weekly waterchanges and syphon my sand really good and I don't feed much at all!

Back
Top Bottom