Plecos in outside turtle enclosure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubba rust

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, I was wondering if I would be able to my 2 plecos outside with my red-eared sliders. I keep them in a large kiddy pool at the moment and I dump it out and clean it every 3 or 4 days.

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh man um if they are very large maybe I have a very large one but he got munched once and he is healing and living fine

How large would very large be? They are both about 7in. And I plan to keep them in my 55 until they out grow it but I feel that time is coming pretty soon

I got one around that in my 55 and he got his nose bit off but it's growing back extremely slowly but then again my turtle doesn't really bother his feeder fish either

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397310070.124549.jpg yea that's the tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it I gt the tank stand accesories filter fish food for 50 bucks

Since then I spent about 150 on the tank to make for turtles

When they make a bigger basking area I want to upgrade size of tank and then buy it right away lol

Lol that would be cool :) where did you get the basking are from?

Amazon ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397310969.679296.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397310988.102531.jpg I got it for 50 the price went way down after I bought it but I'm not to unhappy it's an excellent product can hold a brick with no flex

2 day shipping with prime and te lamp I have is well heat blew out so I have a 60 watt bulb I use on the house keeps temp at 90 and a uvb bulb for the 9 10 inch deep

Wow! That's awesome :) I need to look into get one lol

Yea I would it fits a 55 gorgeously

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397316863.498205.jpg he's passed out it's warm he loves it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397316975.688919.jpg pleco chill

Back
Top Bottom