plecos/snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
alright, so i decided that i was going to have a betta as the star of my tank ^_^, so i was deciding on tank mates, i know that bettas with eat shrimp so thats out of the question, what i was wondering was:

- will a betta eat a snail?

- what will snails eat if there is no algae?

- i know that otos need a established tank, but do plecos do as well?

- how many clown plecos do you think i can have a in 20g high? 2?

ty for the help :multi:

I have kept betta with an apple snail without problem. Betta don't tend to go for snails.

Snails don't really eat algae .... (exception being nerites). Most snails will eat leftover fish food. Some are plant eaters, so you can throw in some lettuce.

If you feed your pleco (cucumbers, algae wafers), it should be fine in a new tank. Of course, all fish do better in an established tank .... things are more stable.

I wouldn't keep more than 1 dwarf pleco (clowns included) in a 20. Plecos make lots of waste (even the dwarfs) so need a big tank.

mhmm okay, ill just stick with 1 pleco and a betta, i was going to get nerite snails because i know they dont breed in FW, and for the pleco and snails, i was going to add them 1 week after i put in the betta fish =]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom