Pod eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I have a lot of pods in my 55 gal tank. they don't really have any predictors in the tank at all. Because of this they are huge. What would you suggest for me to do I have a scooter blenny that eats the small ones I'm guessing but the big ones are ugly and I want them under control

Any other pod eaters would wipe out all pods and your scooter would starve. Like bigred said just keep the scooter and be happy :)

if the pods are bothering you, then any small fish will eat them and clean them out for you. but you can always let them live and stay in your tank. they're great cleaners as well since they will consume some detritus in the tank. i know many hobbyists would love to have pods going around their tanks and free-swimming.

just a fyi: i have a red scooter blenny that have come to terms with pellets. i have almost no pods in my tank now but it has gotten accustomed to the pellets and eat them with relish. i have had this guy for years.

I got 2 clowns azure damsel and 3 blue green chromis but there all asleep when the pods come out :/ I know people would kill to have them my friend wants some for his tank reckon it's worth trying to catch some?

Back
Top Bottom