Poll: What is your favorite fish and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
krap101 said:
is that a brichardi in the back? since i only know 2 types of brichardi... ima guess its a daffodil

If you are talking about the far back; that is my female Hap. The yellow guy is one of my Leleupis.

My 2 favorite fish that I've ever owned are:

the Columbian or Silver Shark Cat as I've seen it refered to.

Hexanematichthys_seemanni_1.jpg

and my Jack Dempsey cichlid. He ws my favorite ever. Lived 7 years, almost 7 inches long. Ate worms outta of my hand. 'Bit' me once changing his water...

MickieFish said:
Holy crap trotty.. that looks like a big fish!!

Lonewolf.. those eels are FW or SW?? I bet they are aggressive, huh?? Very pretty tho!

I am gonna go look up everyone's fave fish now!!

My fire eels are 11" and 12". They are very mellow, and don't bother any other fish. Even had them in with neons at one time, never touched a single one. I've been trying to get them to eat brine shrimp, and other foods, but still will only eat bloodworms. They are FW to slightly brackish. They tend to do better in slightly brackish, but I have them in FW. Love them to death. Their names are Flash and Flame.

I have allways loved angels. personality is great, I have a new one who is unbeleiveable, when My arm was in the tank it comes right over and tries to eat all my arm hair, lol. not scared of anything.
I do love gouramies (sp?)
even though my previous tank (55 gal) had cichlids for over 5 years.
oh and african knifes. man this is hard.

Bettas and gouramis for the personality. They really seem to think about things, are curious, have definite personalities. I love the way they wander around the tank, checking things out, and putting their noses in all the other fishes' business.

I love my dwarf neon rainbowfish just for how pretty they are when they school. The bright blue iridescence and scarlet fins. Their shape is so pretty, and they are so thin it is like they are paper when they turn sideways. Together in a group they are just so beautiful.

I loved having horseface loaches but had to give them away because they grow too big for my 55 gal. But those long horse faces are absolutely adorable, and I love the way they burrow in the sand and lounge around with only their heads sticking out. They are very social, too, and would coil around each other as they moved around the aquarium.

Corycats are wonderful, like little packs of dogs running all over the tank.

I looooove my clown loach because he is so goofy.
and my Angel because she has such a personality and is so friendly- she acts like a puppy. LOL

I have to agree with emptyH...my fav is my mini clown pleco...he is so sneaky during the day, but at night he is like a thief, cleaning up the place without anyone noticing! It is amazing to watch...love how he just "blends in"!

Back
Top Bottom