Polyp Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdogeder

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone,
A friend of mine gave me 2 small mushroom polyps I believe they are called Ricrodea Polyps on 2 very small pieces of LR. I placed them in my tank on a large piece of rock on Thursday. They seem to be doing well, but the one is kind of migrating off the piece of rock closer to the other one and they are attaching to the large piece of rock. Is this normal? Should I let it happen or separate them before it completely comes off the rock I got them on? Thanks in advance. I attached a photo also

Attachments

• photo.JPG.jpeg
    photo.JPG.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 90
I agree... they look like Ricordeas. They're going to move, whether or want them to or not. That's just what they do. The good thing is that they normally leave a trail of "babies" behind them, so you get more for free!

Thanks I figured that was the case. The smaller of the two crawled off the rock it was on and moved closer to the other polyp. I just wasn't sure if I should separate them. They seem to be doing well and are my first corals I am just a little nervous. I appreciate the information.

Back
Top Bottom