Polyps on toadstool leather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmDaryl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two Toadstool leather corals that appear to be doing well, I have had them for about 6mos. and they have doubled in size.

As you can see from the pics below they have fairly long tenticles but no polyps. That's the question. I have seen other Toadstool leathers with polyps extending from the tenticles...should mine:confused:

Attachments

• Toadstool Head 1.jpg
    Toadstool Head 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 70
  • Toadstool leather.jpg
    Toadstool leather.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 91
They look like a toadstool should look like IMO. I think they look pretty good.

look like a very healthy toadstool to me tho have you considered moving one to another location i am still learnin my corals myself but i belive as they get older one is going to get squished in the corner like you have it not to mention the bigest will block the light from the other but then again i not a expert at any of this hobby yet lol .... wat you think mike...

never mind i just saw another post of his with a pic at a diff angel it not the way i thought it was.... no to mention that post says he is going to a bigger tank...

Thanx a lot. If you look at the one pic you can see were the dork decided to lean over onto the heater and got burned. The coral appears to be recovering though..thank goodness, he's one of my favorites in the tank.

The colt coral is also exploding...I'm so happy experiencing success with my tank.

This has been a real learning process and one thing I have learned is that the ocean eco-system is very delicate and that the slightest change can have devastating results.

Back
Top Bottom