Polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have some living organisms springing up out of my live rock, the best way to describe them would be a trumpet horn, slightly pink in color. I can post a picture later, is it possible they are some sort of polyps? Are there any aquarium pests that look like this?

Maybe a vermitid snail. Sort of sounds like what you are describing. No way to tell for sure unless you can provide a picture.

There are three of them in this picture, two are on the backside of the rock. I am having a hard time getting a picture of them.

Attachments

• DSCN1357.jpg
    DSCN1357.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 132
Yeah that's not a vermitid snail. Not sure what that is. Can't get a good look at it unfortunately.

Maybe some mushrooms of some sort?

Yeah, you can only see the side profile of the two in the back, and just the top of the one in front. It looks kind of like the horn on an old record player, the more it sticks out now.

could be zoas, could be shrooms like kevin said. wait a little while and it will become clear as they mature. gotta love free stuff!

So they aren't any kind of pest that you know of? I am planning to introduce my livestock to the tank tomorrow, I didn't want anything in there that could harm them. I doubt my lights will support them anyways, I just have a two bulb T5 HE light system. Whatever it is there are two dead ones on another rock, and I am counting four that are open and alive.

Back
Top Bottom