polyurethane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christine2012

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My spray bar always sat weird so my husband rigged up a wood support for me. I'm noticing mold on it now as its untreated wood. He's going to make me another one but I want to treat it this time. Its outside the tank so I'm thinking polyurethane will be ok. Or is it a better idea to coat it in silicone? Any thoughts on this guys and gals?
Thanks!
Christine

I don't see why you can't. My hood and stand are stained and I've re stained it once already. So it's kinda the same thing. It's outside the tank.

Convict2161 said:
I don't see why you can't. My hood and stand are stained and I've re stained it once already. So it's kinda the same thing. It's outside the tank.

That is good to know! Did you let it sit and dry for any amount of time before setting it back up?

Also, until I get this piece made, is it ok to leave the old one on for a little longer or can the mold get into the tank? I'm a FREAK about mold!

christine2012 said:
That is good to know! Did you let it sit and dry for any amount of time before setting it back up?

Also, until I get this piece made, is it ok to leave the old one on for a little longer or can the mold get into the tank? I'm a FREAK about mold!

Are you sure it's mold? And If it is I don't see another day making a difference. The tank is on the stand so I just worked around it. The canopy I took outside and did it then let it dry. I would let it dry then put it where ya need it.

Hey like ya told me. Take a deep breathe you'll be fine lol.

Back
Top Bottom