Pond plant ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first one looks like pennywort. The second could be a moss, or it could be algae. Do you have a close up pic of it? Do the individual pieces look like hairs or do they have texture to them?

Do you have a close up pic of the floating plant also? Looks like it might be amazon frogbit or small water lettuce but its hard to tell.

Last edited:
That last plant looks like what we call duck weed. The pond stores gladly share that with me to get rid of it, and I take it because my goldfish devour it! I am guessing that the second picture is some sort of string algae. You probably don't want that :(

So I don't want the duck weed, or the algea ( has no texture) what about the penny wort?

I don't think it's water lettuce. 5 of the leaves side by side can make up an inch , could I put the pennywort in my tanks? ( after QT)

Bubbles0oO said:
I don't think it's water lettuce. 5 of the leaves side by side can make up an inch , could I put the pennywort in my tanks? ( after QT)

It looks too small to be water lettuce, look up floating plants and search the images.

I don't see a prob with adding the plants if you qt or dip them.

Back
Top Bottom