pond plants in aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greaver83

Aquarium Advice Freak
so my sister just purchased a house with a neglects koi pond in the back it a huuuge pond like 30x30ft its loaded with koi and anacharis and hornwart
would it be ok to transfer some of her plants to my 75 gallon planted tank there are so many in the pond the fish can barley swim would i be putting my fish at risk for any disease what steps if any would i need to take to quarantine

You're liable/likely to bring along all sorts of hitchikers along with the plants, could be anything from hydra, snails, and/or flatworms to dragonfly larvae. Most such critters are harmless to anything but small fry, but some folks don't like seeing random creepy-crawlies in their show tank/s. Diseases are less likely, at least as long as the koi are healthy.

hmm imma try a few pieces tomorrow i will wash and inspect them well the pond seems really healthy despite the lack of maintenance on it and i have a feeling if anything does find its way in it wont last long with the convicts on constant patrol

well i didnt make it over there today i decided to total my car this morning instead and i have work tommorow so it will be a redo on wednesday

Yeah I'm good and injury. Free it was a freak thing a guy with a trailer ran over my Hood its cool i have full coverage so new car and maybe with the extra I'll get to start my dream tank 200 reef salt water but i would love for my my tank to be s jungle

Back
Top Bottom