pop eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

disaster999

Aquarium Advice Newbie
anyone know how to fix this?
img_665026_0_e2c4272fb159095b2aa7057b78479d16.jpg

its been like this for a while, 2 months i think. i asked around petstores( petco petsmart) and all i get was get medicine or theres too much bubbles in the tank. i did some research and they said that the fish wouldnt eat or move around that much if they have pop eye, but mine swims everywhere! he fights for food and his find are really perky!

it doesnt really look like pop eye to me, it seems like one of the eye is deflated thand popping out.

nitrate and nitrite levels are good, 20ppm for nitrate, 0 for nitrite, 0 for ammonia, ph level is nutral, water is kind of hard in my area...feed them sinking and floading pellets as well as flake...300gph aquaclear filter...bubble wand...planted aqurium...36watt compact florescent...add chlorine remover, stress coat and aqurium salt for each water change, been changing water once a week...keeping eye on all levels

let me know if anymore info is needed

Hard to be certain just what is going on there, although I also doubt that pop-eye is the problem. Perhaps a forum specific to fancy goldfish might have a better answer for you on this one.

im part of a goldfish specific forum and they dont really know the problem as well. would i be better of and bring it to the vet?

I think it just looks like a deformity. I've seen goldies like that before that act...completely normal. Its definitley not pop eye, that's for sure. The eye actually looks pretty healthy. You can seek a vet if you'd like, but I don't think there is anything they'll be able to do either.

Just my opinion of course. :)

the fish wasnt like this before...it started happening 2 months ago

Back
Top Bottom