Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks man. Its just I have yet to be able to relax and enjoy this tank after all the time and money it took it's just so annoying . I know I'm doing everything right but It just always gets worse and not better . It's like I'm stuck in quick sand and I can't get out. this is by far the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with.

Maybe take the risk of raising the salinity to normal. Idk but I never treated my tank with anything except melafix and pimafix and never did hypo even though my Sailfin tang looked horrible and same with the lionfish. I lost the trigger but he was sick waaaaaay before. Surprisingly everything recovered after I stopped treatment. I feel like its causing stress which keeps them sick. Seems stupid but it's apparently true.

I'm just telling my expierience with eccosystem miracle mud I've bought fish with ick from a lfs my coral buety and a had a blue hep tang both had ick from the lfs within two weeks it was gone none of my other fish got it I've also seen it cure fin rot, head and lateral line errosion. The stuff works. And I know I've seen posts were people run it down but I've not had any sick fish in over 10 years.. do what u want just giving some info that's been successful for me

I see your point but if hypo kills ick then no amount of stress should bring it back unless I add something to my tank that brings it in which I havent added anything at all.

Reef79 said:
I'm just telling my expierience with eccosystem miracle mud I've bought fish with ick from a lfs my coral buety and a had a blue hep tang both had ick from the lfs within two weeks it was gone none of my other fish got it I've also seen it cure fin rot, head and lateral line errosion. The stuff works. And I know I've seen posts were people run it down but I've not had any sick fish in over 10 years.. do what u want just giving some info that's been successful for me

No no i didnt mean it like i was disregarding your post I just was confused when you brought mud up . No offense meant towards you and thanks.

Ive used melafix before to dip corals but I've never quarenteed fish I've never had to worry about it the mud takes care of them. Some fish are very prone to ick almost all that have skin more than scales and some can carry it and it takes them being weak or stress can bring it out Julian Sprung I think that's how u spell it wrote a book on it

Dude, if anyone can sympathize with you, it's me. Don't give up. I lost a $215 tusk because of ich... You can and will beat it... Takes time and patients...

It sounds kinda harsh- but all this treatment is stressing them out further than the disease. Maybe you are doing more harm than good. If all else fails- try letting nature just take its course. If they are eating healthy- then they are not doing bad at all.

Jlsardina said:
It sounds kinda harsh- but all this treatment is stressing them out further than the disease. Maybe you are doing more harm than good. If all else fails- try letting nature just take its course. If they are eating healthy- then they are not doing bad at all.

Agreed. My tank started to look better after I stopped medication and just fed food.

Ibrahim said:
Agreed. My tank started to look better after I stopped medication and just fed food.

When I had my 90 I lost 4 tangs during treatment for 3 weeks. After I gave up and let nature take over everyone was better within the month. And my yellow tang was clear in 3 weeks being the worst case of Ich I had ever seen. He looked like I took him out of the tank and rolled him around in a bag of salt and pepper (had black and regular Ich). He's in my 220 happier than a pig in s***. And you know what (knock on wood) I have never had an issue since then! One small speck pops up now and then but goes away in a day or so.

Its not harsh it doesnt bother me.Ok well something has to happen so I came up with a plan of attack . Porc chop is getting one more week in hypo alone in the 180. Moving my discus and ray from my 125 into a big tote . Get that tank setup for the tangs , zebra lion and gold stripe . I will eventually move everyone back in . Please feel free to pick apart any faults in my plan because i plan to start ASAP. Thanks everyone

It is done. I'm going back to the whole reason behind me keeping sw porc chop. The tangs and gold stripe are sold to the guy who got my hippo and I'm keeping chop and the lion. I will keep them in hypo for another week or 2 before moving the emp over and raising salinity . I'm only going to have these three fish until I am comfortable with my qt practices and then I will decide if i will add another fish.

Ah man ,hate to hear you got rid of the chocolate :(..You have to remember the most ick prone fish will not just get ick because it is prone to it and stressed,it has to be living in the tank already,you know that though..Good luck
Is it at all possible to keep your DT fallow?That will surely be the death of ick ...

Yea they will be getting picked up tonight. I'm debating on keeping it fallow to be honest. I could move the lion to the 45 with the emp. That just leaves figuring where to move chop. It's not like I want to get rid of them but chop is my number one priority .

IMHO and what i would do is put all 3 in the 45 and do hypo..
You should really leave that tank fallow ..

I just had an idea. If you think chop will be ok in the 45 I can put chop in there and the emp and lion in the 10. They are both still small . Or I can buy a 20 long for them if the 10 is too small .

Back
Top Bottom