Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok i understand the cleaning now. I'll get the bulbs today when I go get the rest of the plumbing parts I need. I should have the scrubber running by the end of the week. Thanks for the help .

Dry fitted the scrubber tonight. Just have to cut the slot and scuff the screen and cement the pipes together.

I just finished scuffing up the screen. That was not fun. This screen is as big as my dog lol. I cant wait to see what kind of results i get from the scrubber. I just taped off the section I needed smooth and used a hole saw bit to do the job.

Good looking start Mike ..Yes ,the roughing up of the screen is a pain,but it has to be done ..

thats funny about your dog,,my dogs heads are probably bigger than him:lol:

Thanks . I cemented the pipes last night and after I finish this timing belt I should have some down time at work to cut the slot. If that happens it will be running tonight.

Thanks Tim. It was a pretty easy job. I probably spent 2 maybe 2.5 hours total for the whole project. I think it was easier than making a sump. I'll be making another one for my 45 angler tank once it's done as a qt . I'm on my way to a nitrate free tank which is something I havent been able to accomplish yet.

Thanks I'll make a video so you can see it and tell me if I need to slow the flow down some . Also as far as light cycle is it 24/7 or alternate the tank lights ?

You don't want the scrubber lights and the tank lights on at the same time ,,it will throw your PH off...
I turn my scrubber lights on at around 8PM,then off at 1PM
Its OK to have both on for a couple hours ,but not too much longer than that..I usually turn my tank off by 10 or 11

Ok that's what I was thinking was the right way. I'll just turn them on when my tank lights are off. Simple enough for me. Very excited about this .

Here is the video. I still need to change my bulbs and add my other light. How does that water coming down the screen look? Hope it's how it's supposed to be . Thanks

Hondatek said:
Here is the video. I still need to change my bulbs and add my other light. How does that water coming down the screen look? Hope it's how it's supposed to be . Thanks

Cool get LED strips and replace that fixture all in all. That's what I'm getting for my 150g for the shimmer effect and much less algae and lighting costs.

Wow Mike ,,you got that up and going quick..It looks like its a little slow but thats not necessarily a bad thing...As long as its nice even water coverage (looks like it is)and you get good even growth and not thick areas your good..Won't really notice till a week or so ..
Glad the install went smoothly ,,now its just a matter of watching and tweaking

Yea unions are my friend lol. That's actually full flow . My ball valve is wide open so I'm really hoping that the flow is ok .

Ibrahim said:
Cool get LED strips and replace that fixture all in all. That's what I'm getting for my 150g for the shimmer effect and much less algae and lighting costs.

I meant the light bulbs for the scrubber lol . Im perfectly ok with my t 8s for now even though LEDs are so much better.

Back
Top Bottom