Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pitty gift from the girlfriend . They aren't getting along to great right now but the aggression is subsiding. Hopefully the naso was the right choice because I'm worried of the closeness is color

Attachments

• image-3484953463.jpg
    image-3484953463.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 77
Well it's been a while since I gave you guys an algae scrubber update . My nitrates have stopped climbing in between weekly pwcs. They are at 3ppm now and I am harvesting minimum of 1.5 lbs of algae per week. Here is a pic of the last cleaning. Also good news the tangs in hypo qt had their ick outbreak and are on their way to recovery and the dt in 4 weeks or so.

Attachments

• image-2628264214.jpg
    image-2628264214.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 64
Well I'm officially super excited . I posted a video of my emp on another forum where a good buddy from here is on also. He said my angel is in the early stages of changing and told me what to look for. Well came home from work and he is 100% right. I can't wait to see how the change progresses.

Nothing really new to report on my end. Still battling some cyano but I think I found a flow issue with my power heads not being adjusted right . The naso is going thru another ich cycle but both tangs are still eating great and getting fatter in qt. Just 2.5 weeks until I will bring them to normal salinity and transfer them to the dt.

Well not only did I just spend $90 on more powerheads my pump that I use for mixing and doing water changes just stopped working . Now I have 30 gallons of water from my tank that needs to be emptied manually with a bucket . Not happy

Hondatek said:
Well not only did I just spend $90 on more powerheads my pump that I use for mixing and doing water changes just stopped working . Now I have 30 gallons of water from my tank that needs to be emptied manually with a bucket . Not happy

Just syphin it out with the hose... Then pay the wife with a new pair of shoes to add it back in! Lol. Look on Craigslist for spare pumps!

Jlsardina said:
Just syphin it out with the hose... Then pay the wife with a new pair of shoes to add it back in! Lol. Look on Craigslist for spare pumps!

Lol well I did it the hard way this time. Im going to take it apart and see if i can fix it . Fortunately the girlfriend understands that if I need something for my tank everything else is on hold lol. That helps a lot for sure!

Well for those still following it seems the tangs are cured of ich but have a secondary infection in the form of lymphocyctosis. So once again the move to the dt has been postponed. Seems like they will never get there at all . Also cyano still beating me in the 180 . Its gone in the morning and back by late afternoon ( not cool) . The emp is also changing more and more each day ( the only good news lol). That's the only update for now .. Thanks

still following. bummer about the tangs, lymphocyctosis sounds like nasty stuff.

no clue what to do about the cyano but you have lived through ich and i think you can get this problem under control too.

Thanks twitch . It's just a mild case but it's there non the less. It's really not a PITA disease anyways . I just don't like the fact they will be in the 45 longer they need to swim.. Lympho should be a cake walk from what i been thru lol. I had help here on a thread and we came to the conclusion i have waste trapped in dead spots . So I adjusted the powerheads and ordered another one. I got a decent amount of debris moving after adjusted so I'm hoping thats the fix.

good deal on the power head. dead spots are killer. ive got a koralia 1400 and 750 in my 40b and i still have dead spots and the daily cyano. like yours gone in the morning and back in the evening.

coffeetwitch said:
good deal on the power head. dead spots are killer. ive got a koralia 1400 and 750 in my 40b and i still have dead spots and the daily cyano. like yours gone in the morning and back in the evening.

Lol well at least I'm not the only one. This will be my 3rd 1400. That along with my 1050 and 950 gph return my dead spots should be a thing of the past ....

Thanks twitch. I'm sure they will be fine tho. I should have a quick video of chop and the angel sharing a clam up a little later.

Beautiful fish Mike!! Always wanted both of those. Emperor is the best fish out there IMO. Been thinkin about selling all my coral and going FO, so I can have them!!
Best of luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom