Porcupine Puffer not Eating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nahla

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Porcupine puffer is not eating, it has been three days since he ate anything. He goes after the food, attempts to eat it, but does not eat it. Would anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening??

Have you changed his food at all? Mine doesnt like it when i go from brown shrimp to white shrimp.

You might try adding garlic extract to your food, thats what I do when he refuses to eat the white shrimp and although he makes a bit of a mess out of it he gets enough to eat.

It's been five days now since he ate. I have tried different foods, but he won't take anything. I will try the garlic method but I got a feeling that is not gonna work. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I think 5 days is the limit for a puffer not eating, I could be wrong. I know my puffer in my other tank loves squid, he actually didn't like when I put garlic on it but he still ate some of it.

I just cut up little chunks of squid and he eats them like candy. His name is "Munch" cause he likes to eat.

What are your levels? He might be bummed out by temperature, salinity, high trate levels, constant lighting???

The salinity was a bit high...so I changed/added some of water last night...everything else was fine. I will see what happens today.

You might check your tank ground. If it isnt grounded stray AC voltage will run around in the tank and cause stress. Just a wild guess, but its worth looking into.

Back
Top Bottom