Possibly Ill Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I have a 3-4in crayfish that has been acting odd since yesterday. He has been really lethargic and has his tail curled. He eats but normally when the other fish get near him he chases them away and now he just lets them go right next, even touching him. I am doing like a 80ish % water change right now.

Parameters before WC:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - .25
Nitrate - a lot. more than 40ppm

IDK the deal with the nitrite being so high. For the past like 3-4 years it has always been zero. Also I just did a water change a week ago so I don't know why the nitrate is so high as well. Other stock are 6 angels, a pleco, 1 gourami, and a Bolivian ram. This tank has been setup for at least 3-4 years and is 60g. He also has two places to hide and is not using either. I don't know if he is molting but I could sure use some help.

Should I do another massive WC tonight? Was gonna do another tomorrow.

His condition is even worse as of today. Not moving at all. tapped him with a sponge to see if he was dead or not but he is just barely hanging in there. I still don't know whats wrong.

Back
Top Bottom