post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i have posted these pic before...
officially i have two planted tank...
75 gallon Amazon Biotope
img_733302_0_57f9cd297173190524968d1b03144698.jpg

10 gallon Dwarf Puffer Biotope
img_733302_1_b09684f7e3d3a1b5bab43a7a00b14d97.jpg

unofficially i have a 3rd planted tank...10 gallon "breeder tank" is planted, but is more of a clipping tank, with no rhyme or reason and definitely no theme of aquascaping intended... i could take and post a pic tonight if anyone is interested, but there is not much to show... :D

lol success it up to 8 pages!!!! everyones tanks are looking better and better. i love your driftwood docrakck and it will look amazing after the plants fill in around it. just picture the driftwood sticking out between jungles of plants... would be cool. and wobbles..... wow. i love how simple u have made your 80 gal. is that glosso covering the ground? have u thought about switching out your regular l.repens(i think thats what it is n the far right side of the plants) for l. repens "rubin" i think that splash of red would really set the tank off. and jchillen... i love how your tank is to large to photogragh all in one shot lol. how much light are u running these days? as for my funktastic camera... its a cannon powershot A60 2mp. sucks royally lol. only hasa 3X normal zoom and 7.5 optical. but it does take some nice macro shots so i wont complain lol. this isnt a planted tank but i want to share it anyways.... my newest baby cichlids :) its has moss so i think it counts lol.
img_733303_0_65783539ab21c6c7fc92ecbf57733834.jpg

1 week old :)
img_733303_1_6116a1da8ff45d8b1161ab595913b906.jpg

WOW jdog, thats really nice..I want my 10gall to be a like..mini amazon biotope...I have bolivian ram and neon tetra's in their

i want to see your clippings tank. have u tried taking your pictures at night with all the lights off but the tanks? it makes it look much nicer and we can see more what u see. a flash really has a way of killing the colour.

mr funktastic said:
i want to see your clippings tank. have u tried taking your pictures at night with all the lights off but the tanks? it makes it look much nicer and we can see more what u see. a flash really has a way of killing the colour.
yea, but my camera sucks, if i turn off the flash the delay is so long all i get is motion blur :?

i will post my clippings tank tonight, but it realy is not much to look at :D

Nice tanks everyone!

wobbles: I love that 180g! Do you have any closeups? I'd love to see some. :)

I'll have to get an updated picture of my Malawi cichlid tank...it has plants too. And amazingly the only ones being eaten are the Hygro polysperma. :) Its a miracle.

JustOneMore20 said:
Nice tanks everyone!

wobbles: I love that 180g! Do you have any closeups? I'd love to see some. :)

I'll have to get an updated picture of my Malawi cichlid tank...it has plants too. And amazingly the only ones being eaten are the Hygro polysperma. :) Its a miracle.

All of my fish love nibbling on my Hygro polysperma. Thank goodness the stuff grows like a weed. I also find it keeps my fish from eating my other plants. It must be real tasty, I'll have to try a leaf some time.

The First is my 15 gallon, in which plants grow so fast i can't keep ontop of them!
lol

Second picture is of my challenged 44 gallon. I cant seem to get anything to flourish in there. (except fish!) I have almost NO algae though, so i guess something is right. I'm thinking i may have to increase lighting (its on for 8 hours at best)

Attachments

• 44gal_991.jpg
    44gal_991.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 15gal_201.jpg
    15gal_201.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 25
mr funktastic said:
wobbles..... wow. i love how simple u have made your 80 gal. is that glosso covering the ground? have u thought about switching out your regular l.repens(i think thats what it is n the far right side of the plants) for l. repens "rubin" i think that splash of red would really set the tank off.

Thanks man!

The glosso is almost covering the ground now. I do have some "rubin" kicking about. I might try some in there. I have 5 red lotus lilies on the far right, but they're very small. I think they will look great big and bushy!

This is what the 75 gallon looked like until last week

img_733571_0_d027d9672e198ba92dc5efcfdfa0adbd.jpg

This is after the recaping job, got tired of the jungle look and pulled the fastest growers aka Hygros

img_733571_1_86eb9b542a285c89e50ef32034b64604.jpg

and here is my 55, its mostly crypts now, with a centerpiece of mixed mattograssee and cambomba

img_733571_2_93beff01fb75207ce85620af84f28c52.jpg

IceH2O said:
and here is my 55, its mostly crypts now, with a centerpiece of mixed mattograssee and cambomba

img_733674_0_93beff01fb75207ce85620af84f28c52.jpg

Is that a gold fish with guppys? You don't see that combination very often. I guess my question is; how do you keep your goldfish from destroying your tank? Carp a known for their ability to devastate vegetation and goldfish, from what I've heard, are no exception.

By the way, cool tanks.

My Malawi cichlid tank....with plants. :D They aren't pretty plants because of the algae and the Socolofi eating the Hygro...but its a tank with plants.

img_733698_0_6a091abab9142451f5cd7b2c7c55ae2a.jpg

docrak said:
Is that a gold fish with guppys? You don't see that combination very often. I guess my question is; how do you keep your goldfish from destroying your tank? Carp a known for their ability to devastate vegetation and goldfish, from what I've heard, are no exception.

By the way, cool tanks.

Yeah its considered a no no in the aquarium world but its been working fine. The Goldfish is pretty mellow, I also have a Male betta in the tank and no problems with any of the fish attacking. I don't recommend this setup unless you plan on watching for a long time for agression.

The Goldfish doesn't seem to care about the plants at all. I've seen him swim up to them and look but never eat or pull any up.

OK, I'll update too.... the tanks on this thread are completely amazing! And it's really cool to know that alot of the plants in these tanks came from other member's tanks, as well as a lot of the info and ideas.

Here's my 55, which will undergo another major change soon as I am moving it next weekend!
P1020786.JPG

One of my favorite pics of the tank so far:
P1020789.JPG

Limnophila aromatica, Myriophyllum mattogrossense, tropic sunset and lone strand of Rotala rotundifolia:
P1020801.JPG

looking foreward to the new set up. i hope everything works out. come on people i know there are more tanks out there we havent seen yet. get them posted!! anything. even if u dont think it is good looking, casue 6 months from now when this thread pops back up u can repost and compare.

Back
Top Bottom