Post fry pictures here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dad's platy is giving birth now I'll see if I can get a pic of the fry but they dart so fast when they're newborn it's insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408832053.459966.jpg

The fry was sitting on the power head now it's sitting on a leaf

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

First fry ever in the aquarium! Only found three molly fry, the rest were probably eaten but they're looking happy in their breeding net! Going to go get some fry food today. Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408897204.280817.jpg

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

First fry ever in the aquarium! Only found three molly fry, the rest were probably eaten but they're looking happy in their breeding net! Going to go get some fry food today. Any suggestions? View attachment 247827

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

We found Nutrafin max first bites good for our swordtail and guppy fry.

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you! I ended up getting the Hikari First Bites and I was not happy to see that they barely had any other types. Hopefully it'll do the job:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

You're welcome.. I hope you enjoy watching your fin-babies grow.

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is my 4th load of albino cory catfish, there are over 50 that hatched....biggest one I've had to date
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408968402.102608.jpg

Sent from my fish phone

Congratulations! I hope you have better luck with them this time.

Did you scrape the eggs from the spawning tank or did you catch the fry from the spawning tank?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Koi swordtail and albino molly fry progress:

1 to 4 days old:

2 to 8 days old:

7 to 13 days old:

12 to 18 days old:

16 to 22 days old:

22 to 28 days old:
Swordtail and Molly fry - 22 to 28 days old [MDCHAM]

I'm expecting 150 new fry in two weeks. I'll try to use my DSLR video camera next time instead of my cell phone for better focusing.

Wow mattcham! You have a lot of really pretty fish! I especially loved the koi swordtails in the last couple days:) The mollies have some nice colours too.
P.S. Do you mind giving me the name of the song you used in the first video?

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Congratulations! I hope you have better luck with them this time.

Did you scrape the eggs from the spawning tank or did you catch the fry from the spawning tank?

I've always scraped them off as I have the adults in a cory only tank and I don't like to stress momma out by catching her when she's laying,
I heard people say they do it with a razor(I'll probably end up cuttin myself or popping the eggs) , I do mine with a plastic card and stick them into the side of the tube

Sent from my fish phone

Wow mattcham! You have a lot of really pretty fish! I especially loved the koi swordtails in the last couple days:) The mollies have some nice colours too.
P.S. Do you mind giving me the name of the song you used in the first video?

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I just pick random ad-supported songs in YouTube when uploading videos. It doesn't show me the artist and title after it's embedded.

Thanks for the kind words.

I've always scraped them off as I have the adults in a cory only tank and I don't like to stress momma out by catching her when she's laying,
I heard people say they do it with a razor(I'll probably end up cuttin myself or popping the eggs) , I do mine with a plastic card and stick them into the side of the tube

Sent from my fish phone

What do you mean by "side of the tube"? I'll have to try that in the future. I'm always afraid I'll damage the eggs. I always move the parents out of the tank but it's so stressful on them. There is also a risk of injuring or killing such fast moving fish when trying to catch them. I prefer your method.

Tub I meant, if you use the edge of a store card or old bank card and gently scrap them off they will go into a little clutch, then using the tip of a pipette I seperate them and stick them on the side of a tub, if they don't come apart easily I leave them as there's more chance the eggs will get damaged the more you can part the more will hatch,

It's too stressful for them and for me to try catching them both as the male is also needed through the whole egg laying process

Hope that makes sense

Sent from my fish phone

I just pick random ad-supported songs in YouTube when uploading videos. It doesn't show me the artist and title after it's embedded.

Thanks for the kind words.

No problem! They really are beautiful fry, well, were! I'm raising my first fry in my aquarium so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share some advice with me. I can see that you are an experienced breeder. Thanks in advance:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Tub I meant, if you use the edge of a store card or old bank card and gently scrap them off they will go into a little clutch, then using the tip of a pipette I seperate them and stick them on the side of a tub, if they don't come apart easily I leave them as there's more chance the eggs will get damaged the more you can part the more will hatch,

It's too stressful for them and for me to try catching them both as the male is also needed through the whole egg laying process

Hope that makes sense

Sent from my fish phone

Thanks for the tip. Spreading out the ball of clumped eggs will be tricky. I better start practicing on my infertile Cory eggs (males still too young and much older females are laying every 2 weeks).

No problem! They really are beautiful fry, well, were! I'm raising my first fry in my aquarium so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share some advice with me. I can see that you are an experienced breeder. Thanks in advance:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Happy to help anytime! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions so we don't hijack this fry photo thread. :)

Happy to help anytime! Feel free to start a new thread with your questions so we don't hijack this fry photo thread. :)

Aha yeah I would start a new one but I don't get answers that often, only from some people as they do have more important threads to help with:p I'll ask if anything comes to mind thank you:)

EDIT: I posted the new thread:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I have 18 platy fry. 7 fry (born 8/16) are from a yellow neon tuxedo female and an unknown male (purchased her pregnant). 11 are from a Mickey Mouse female and unknown male (purchased her pregnant).

The fry from my tuxedo mama already have spots

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom