Post fry pictures here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should have a ratio of 1 male: 2 or more females so that the females are not bullied by the male

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kitty is right you may want to invest in a couple more females

Ok thanks . what happens if most of my fry are male ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your are going to end up with either dead females (from stress) or some fish fight club is the short answer lol. That shouldn't happen though tbh fish are normally pretty good at controlling their gender numbers.

Haha ok thanks and shhh don't talk about ......

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol. Good luck anyway. If you need anything just give me a holla

Some more fry from me. Lost a few to tetra's lol but saved 8 and one doesn't want to be caught lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404479737.831904.jpg

Also have another one ready to pop. Have pulled the male out so this madness stops lol

I have no idea... Feels like its taking forever. They started growing faster once we started giving them live bbs.

It feels like the fry grow quicker in the beginning, then as they age they grow just slower. At least that's my experience.

Katie you are correct but they will out pop out 1/2 fry. I have a pregnant 3 month old now. I've now removed the male from the tank because he was just to much and was stressing the females out.

We had a power cut and lost all our fry except 4 :( so devastating when they were all doing so well xx the remaining 4 are doing well though bless them x

We had a power cut and lost all our fry except 4 :( so devastating when they were all doing so well xx the remaining 4 are doing well though bless them x

That sucks!!! It's could you atleast have some. Hope these little guys will be okay!?

They seem to be fine have put them in the large tank in a breeder box just until we sort out the fry tank again! They are eating well and still lively enough ... Have noticed that 4 of my swordtails look ready to burst so we could have an explosion of swordtails soon !!xx

Back
Top Bottom