powder blue eating shrimp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterteejay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had a skunk cleaner in my tank the last couple of weeks along with my yellow and scopas tangs. I added a powder blue this weekend (sat.) and noticed last night that the shrimp is nowhere to be found!! He usually sprints out of the rocks whe food is put in the tank, I fed twice yesterday and cant seem to find him.

Any chance the powder blue gobbled him up?

Chances are slim I think...
They are more veggie eaters them meaty eaters...
My PB Tang has no intrest in anything living in my tank...

I don't think he's the culprit, but my PBT will eat ANYTHING......Flakes, pellets, algae, brine, marine cuisine, squid..........anything i put in the tank. Doesn't go after the cleaner shrimp though..........unless he's getting "cleaned up".

Jim

Is it possible that he's molting and is hiding out until he hardens up? Just a thought. We had a similar scare with a peppermint.

I doubt it very much as well. Give it a little time, like the others said it just may be a molting period.

My Powder Blue wants to eat everything!

He hits on all food I put in there plus takes a shot at snails every time he gets a chance.

Caught him playing with a hermit molt the other day too. At least I hope it was a molt. I have seen him diving at hermits.

I used to have 2 pepps, but they both died, I don't know what killed them, But I know the first one disappeared by cannibalism.

Back
Top Bottom