power out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg... I hope it comes back soon !!!

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

Its been over an hour. My corals all closed up already. We had a bad storm down here in florida. Clown fish even went to sleep. Lol. So cute...
I hope its not much longer. No idea how long til it affects my tank.

The storm should be over soon.. Within the hour I think they said. Good luck, we're hoping it doesn't go out here as well. We're just now getting hit with the tail end of the storm.

not sure about a definite time, but i lost all fish after about 12 hours. corals all lived, even through the spike and about 10 pounds of dead fish and inverts sitting in the tank over night.
when you see the fish/snails/inverts heading to the top 1/3 of the tank for air, it's time to freak out.

mr_X said:
not sure about a definite time, but i lost all fish after about 12 hours. corals all lived, even through the spike and about 10 pounds of dead fish and inverts sitting in the tank over night.
when you see the fish/snails/inverts heading to the top 1/3 of the tank for air, it's time to freak out.

Ahh ok. Nice tip. Most of my snails are already on high ground due to a killer conus I had. Lol. Thanks

cichlidpaul said:
carey i hope it comes back on soon for you i have my fingers crossed for you hope all stays good in your tanks

Its been 2.5 hours so far. Now im worried about temperature. Room temp now is bout 74. Not sure how low my fishies can go.

i lost fish a long time ago through lack of heat in a house move if i remember the water dropped to about 55 60 some pulled though but lost a fair few as well

cichlidpaul said:
i lost fish a long time ago through lack of heat in a house move if i remember the water dropped to about 55 60 some pulled though but lost a fair few as well

Im not too worried bout four of tanks but the reef has me worried. Water is at 79 so its dropped only one degree.

going by that i think you will be fine carey but as the water cools it may start to drop faster just keep an eye on it

you may have to heat it in some other way

i recommend a hobbiest(sp?) like yourself (or myself) that likes to have multiple tanks, purchase a generator.
meanwhile, you wouldn't happen to have a kerosene heater you could fire up, do you?

voodoo its one of those things i think that every fish owner worrys about to be honest in england i dont have the same worrys as you guys but we do have power cuts without notice which is nice not i have done all sorts of stuff to keep my tanks warm

Well power is back finally! Thank goodness. This was just a taste I'm sure. I'm gonna have to consider my options other than a generator which is def not feasible right now.

And that is my dilemma. :) I think I will pick up 2 battery air pumps though. At least i can still have oxygenation.

Back
Top Bottom