Powerhead problem!!! Need asap help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is the third time that this has happened to me, I have got three fish stuck in my powerheads, one chromis, one sailfin tang, and now I get home and my yellow tang is also caught in the powerheads, can somebody please help??!!

What kind of power head it is? Can you post some pictures of it!?!?!

I have two koralias a 1050 on one side and a 750 on the other, what would u like pics of??

They are all execellent plus the fish has even swimming around all day and was happy and everything it's just idk, I have the tang now in the hang on breeder bod to save him hopefully

Hmm.... I heard of fish being suck in, but usually when they are sick and week You said that it happened to you few times? Is it possible there is too much flow in the tank? How big is the tank?

Personally I think that is a lot of flow for a 55, I am happy with my 2 750's on a wavemaker in my 50.

Now I will try to not sound like a tang nazi hete but large fish in a small tank with 3 big power heads, is thete any room for the fish to swim without getting too close to a powerhead?

JustinKBreen said:
Personally I think that is a lot of flow for a 55, I am happy with my 2 750's on a wavemaker in my 50.

Now I will try to not sound like a tang nazi hete but large fish in a small tank with 3 big power heads, is thete any room for the fish to swim without getting too close to a powerhead?

That sounds like to much flow for a 55 imo especially the 1050 is the 1050 the one that they stick to?

Yes, but how about if I switch it and put it on the other side?

Hondachico said:
Yes, but how about if I switch it and put it on the other side?

I think theres not enough room for it high flow is great but imo thats a lil much id take out the 1050 and put a 750 on each end just my opinion

This is my FTS left is 750 and right is 1050 too much?? My chromis love to play in the current

Attachments

• image-4091526358.jpg
    image-4091526358.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 125
Then what is the problem with mine then that's exactly what I have, one on each side

I run 2 Hydor 4's in my 55g on the Hydor Wavemaker Basic and have had no problems with fish getting stuck. I even had a Hydor 2 in the center for a bit but took it out

In my 55 reef, I have a koralia 1050, 4 750s, a 550, and a marineland that equals a 1050. None of my fish ever get stuck in them. I don't think too much flow is the problem.

Try to double check your pH and your salinity. It seams like they're trying to get some relief from the flow coming from your powerheads. Also, if you havent checked yet, check if they're opening and closing their mouths more frequent than normal.

That is not too much flow. You have about 51 times turnover, personally i have more.

There is way more flow in the ocean than we can replicate in our tanks. Flow does not kill fish.

I would say your buying too small of fish if they are getting sucked in repeatedly. Or as stated something else is wrong and the fish are weak.

Im not sure how else a yellow and sailfin tang would get caught in a powerhead unless they are only like 1-2" maybe.

Not a powerhead problem. This is a 55 gallon tank that had a yellow and sailfin tang along with whatever else is in the system. There is probably a nitrate issue from it being so overly stocked.

I'm going to check everything today again just to make sure and I will get back to you guys, I know it's not salinity because I check that every two days so I will check the rest and get back to u guys

Back
Top Bottom