Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseynewton

Aquarium Advice Activist
Should I have one. 90 gallon tank. Planted Discus tank. Overflow back right, pumped back into tank from top left back from sump below. Should I use a Powerhead for any reason?

Thanks everyone!

caseynewton said:
Should I have one. 90 gallon tank. Planted Discus tank. Overflow back right, pumped back into tank from top left back from sump below. Should I use a Powerhead for any reason?

Thanks everyone!

Sorry forgot picture..

Attachments

• image-2191557226.jpg
    image-2191557226.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 115
Well i dont have any personal experience with discus tank, only from what i've read. Due to there slow moving nature discus need a small amount of current but nothing to heavy due to there potential size and shape. Since they kind of just float through the tank they don't need a heavy current.

From your picture it doesn't look as if you have any fish, I would stick with the current from your sump and see how they do, if it moves the water around the tank enough and you are getting some movement from your plants I would say you are fine without it.

Oh, great looking tank by the way...Gonna be amazing when those plants fill out.

I want to have a discus tank down the road but not nearly prepared for that caliber fish, just do alot of research. Good Luck!

Thanks for your information. I know the pleco at bottom liked movement. And Discus from what I read, don't like it much because big bodies. Lol I have tons of tetras in that tank. Discus coming today if I can make it to the city.

I use RO water with essential minerals. And plenty of water changed!

I would be hesitant with the pleco, again ive read that they can latch onto the discus cause they have a very tasty slime coat. I guess only a few types are ok with discus.

What kind of discus are you going with?

I posted pictures of tank in album for you. Middle one is current with less plants.

I have read it's possibly he will attach, he shouldn't, I read safe planted and discus tank! We will see. Every day a new thing to learn.

I'm getting spotted face red diamond, red covers and leopard snake skin. See about a couple more down the road. Five total for now.

Back
Top Bottom