Praise for the "Green Killing Machine"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuadu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's been awhile since I have posted here - I've got a 55 gal (fish only) that I started back in May and it's been doing pretty well for the most part. The last month or so, the water has been green and cloudy. Despite large water changes in the neighborhood of 50-60%, it came right back again within days. I'd reduced my light exposure as well, but nothing seemed to help.

After reading reviews on this device, I thought I'd give it a try - I bought the larger of the two types (I believe this one is rated up to 120 gal).

WOW - in three days, my water is clearer than I've ever seen it. I can't say enough about this device for anyone fighting off green water problems.

I am thinking about pulling it out so that I don't constantly run the light bulb, but not sure about that just yet.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

I agree. Its the best UV for the price and easy to install. I had it on my 110g within a few days my water was clear. Watch out though, the pump that comes with it may lose it strength over a period of time.

Back
Top Bottom