Predator Tank, part Deuce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay, what about earth worms? I have seen some movies where they go bonkers for those, what will they eat? and what is good for them to eat? I know that is two totally different things

Yep, the worms I mentioned are nightcrawlers. I pick them up from Walmart, all of my fish love nightcrawlers.

Thanks Mud, it's almost like you are starting over again, answering all these questions for me and what not.

Should I stick with just 1 eclipse cat, or get two? I was planning on it being m wolf and a buddy just like yours with the bichir

Thanks Mud, it's almost like you are starting over again, answering all these questions for me and what not.

Should I stick with just 1 eclipse cat, or get two? I was planning on it being m wolf and a buddy just like yours with the bichir

Well the two eclipse cats that I had always hid together so I dunno if they prefer company or just preferred that particular hiding spot. But if it were me I would do two, just because they are cool fish :)

BTW.. I just ran across this old vid of one of my suncat's, short vid but check it out if you want to.

Ah, okay. I was just concerned with size, but they are maybe 5 inches where I am gonna get them from, and I am ordering my rainbow at 2-3 inches. so all should be well, and the cats will be big enough that the wolf wont even consider messing with them...right?

Yea, just get the largest wolf you can, it would suck if a cat took out the wolf. 3-4" should be fine.

Suncat's do get large but once they hit 6" they grow extremely slow, mine grew maybe 1/4" 3-6 months after they were at 6".

Yeah, idk....i dont think it will be an issue. I am buying everything small enough that they should co-exist. How fast do the Wolfs grow?

Yeah, idk....i dont think it will be an issue. I am buying everything small enough that they should co-exist. How fast do the Wolfs grow?

Real fast until 6" or so, then it will slow down to around 1/8 - 1/4" a month. Mine went from 3.5" to 8.5" in just under 15-16 months.

i went to the lfs yesterday and they had what they called a high fin rainbow wolf fish for $39.00. he was 3 1/2 to 4 inches. not sure i would trust what they call it though since i saw them list furcata rainbows as yellow forktail blue eyed rainbows. lol
i read on an early post that you could keep a wolf fish with a bichir. did i read correctly and if so what size tank would you need to do that?
don't mean to hijack but thought it would be pertinent to the subject.

i went to the lfs yesterday and they had what they called a high fin rainbow wolf fish for $39.00. he was 3 1/2 to 4 inches. not sure i would trust what they call it though since i saw them list furcata rainbows as yellow forktail blue eyed rainbows. lol
i read on an early post that you could keep a wolf fish with a bichir. did i read correctly and if so what size tank would you need to do that?
don't mean to hijack but thought it would be pertinent to the subject.

Yes you can keep a Red Wolf fish with a bichir. The post I have about my wolf jumping out is a common wolf fish (hoplias malabaricus).

Tank should be a 40g breeder or larger but you can get by with a 30g for a year or so.

So I should be expecting a considerable growth rte on my wolf? I am getting my tank Friday, getting my cat Saturday(I hope, our LFS recently caught on fire...ironic huh?, but everything is okay for the most part) and ordering my rainbow from massaggression next week for probably $30

So I should be expecting a considerable growth rte on my wolf? I am getting my tank Friday, getting my cat Saturday(I hope, our LFS recently caught on fire...ironic huh?, but everything is okay for the most part) and ordering my rainbow from massaggression next week for probably $30

For a while you should see a fast growth rate. Are you seeding a filter for the tank?

Yep, I am seeding with the bio wheels from my 125 and some of the substrate. I got some brown and red flourite, its gonna be perdy

UPDATE! I have my tank set up. it's amazing. But I have been having flourite issues. I started rinsing mine and it was a giant hassle, so i took it back, or attempted to, the owner of our LFS who I trust told me that I dont have to rinse flourite and explained a way to do it without having a giant mess, so i did it....and now there is a layer of dust sitting on top of my flourite, I have to do a water change and get all of that stuff out....on a good note, I am getting 2 3inch eclipse cats for $8...perhaps that will balance it out

Back
Top Bottom