Pregnant black molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What would make her stress out? She's in a 10 gallon with the male and 7 neon tetras. I test the water all the time along with appropriate water changes and gravel cleaning. Maybe the male is bothering her?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's likely the male.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ok. I'm getting a 29 gallon today to put my other fish in and will let her have the 10 gallon to herself.

Ok. I'm getting a 29 gallon today to put my other fish in and will let her have the 10 gallon to herself.

Awesome I'm sure she will enjoy it

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

So I'm pretty sure I have a balloon molly. She is still fat.

Attachments

• 1435799323053.jpg
    1435799323053.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 50
That's not a balloon!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

She may be holding, or be eating more than she should.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Can they hold this long? What should I do?

My molly constantly looks enormous...the pic with the blue gravel is 2 days before she dropped her first batch of fry...the other one is 2 days after a fry drop...not much difference...she and my male managed to eat all of them even with all the hiding places provided...there is a good chance she is dropping some fry and they are immediately eaten...they are continuously pregnant.

I solemnly swear that I am upto no good!

Attachments

• 1435815952046.jpg
    1435815952046.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 1435815984304.jpg
    1435815984304.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 48
That's probably what's happening. she's still in a community tank.

If you notice the others chasing her and nipping at her bottom she is probably dropping fry...mine act like its a mobile buffet

The male does this all the time. I mean ALL the time. I need to get some more females for him to harass so she gets a break.

If you have her in the community tank with the male, expect her to be pregnant/carrying almost 24/7. It's just the way livebearers are.

Caleb

I would like to try and raise some fry anyways. Will try to figure out a way to get her her own tank. Will try to get some more plants and hiding places for potential fry.

We have fry finally! 30+. I took the mom out should I remove the plastic bottom divider in the breeder box so the fry have room to swim?

So water parameters have spiked really bad since fry were born. Did a 25% water change and hardly made any difference. Most of the fry are laying on the bottom of the breeder box. What do I do?

What are the parameters?

My fry hugged the bottom for the first few days until they realized they werent gonna be eaten so thats not too worrying yet...

Well they were swimming around a couple hrs after birth and most of today. Checked parameters out of curiosity and realized everything was bad so did the wc. There are 6 dead fry in the box. Been trying to remove them but I keep freaking the live ones out.

Back
Top Bottom