Pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have about 15. I was going to keep a few to start a guppy tank and rehome the others. Can I keep all females so they won't breed? I assume only males will fight

You can keep males with other males with females as lomg as there are 2-3 females for every female.... IF you want to become a granddad to a billion more! ;)

I have about 15. I was going to keep a few to start a guppy tank and rehome the others. Can I keep all females so they won't breed? I assume only males will fight

You won't be able to sex them for almost a year. I've had Molly fry 6 months and still can't sex them

Really!!??!? I wish mollys took that long or maybe mine are just slow growers

Haha yes i am just starting with 5 baby molly fry myself. I thought i heard 6 months for mollies? Yes, it could depend how many times you feed a day and what you feed

Haha yes i am just starting with 5 baby molly fry myself. I thought i heard 6 months for mollies? Yes, it could depend how many times you feed a day and what you feed

For the first 3 months I fed hikari fry (has another name but I'm to lazy to go check) and then jumped them to api mini tropical sinking pellets which they love to death!!! I don't feed anything else but that and still nothing. I'm waiting for them to get a bit bigger before I move to newer foods

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140222_143513.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140222_143513.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 39
For the first 3 months I fed hikari fry (has another name but I'm to lazy to go check) and then jumped them to api mini tropical sinking pellets which they love to death!!! I don't feed anything else but that and still nothing. I'm waiting for them to get a bit bigger before I move to newer foods

Are those your fish?? Those kinda look like a guppy...? And why white? What kind of color should they have?

Really!!??!? I wish mollys took that long or maybe mine are just slow growers

It says they are half grown at 6 months and you can sex them at a year old. The mollies are also full grown at a year old. With guppies you can sex them at about 3 months and they are fullgown at 6 months

Are those your fish?? Those kinda look like a guppy...? And why white? What kind of color should they have?

Haha no they are mollies and I forgot what color they should be. They are about 6 months now (ill edit this post with the exact born date) my bad almost 5 months. Born 10/03/2013

Haha no they are mollies and I forgot what color they should be. They are about 6 months now (ill edit this post with the exact born date) my bad almost 5 months. Born 10/03/2013

Id say white... if they are black, they are born black

Back
Top Bottom