pregnant or sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oklahomaNew621

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Molly changed shapes

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120606_181322.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120606_181322.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20120606_181330.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120606_181330.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 60
  • ForumRunner_20120606_181340.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120606_181340.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
Did she slowly get fatter and fatter or was this an overnight type of thing?

I'm not 100% we redid the tank last week. So she has been hideing some and I have been working a lot. I think it was over the week. Why what happens In both senerios.

Well if she slowly got fatter, then it could be that she is pregnant. But if she is acting sluggish, and still in hiding, then it MIGHT be bloating. If you haven't been able to observe her well over the week then I'm not sure how to help you...is there anything else we should know?
If she is still active, but is just a lot fatter, check the tank for males of the same species. She could potentially be pregnant. If she acts sluggish you might want to treat her for bloating.

She is still aas active as she has.everbeen. how do u treat bloat and what causes it?

well bloat is usually because of overfeeding. The tank is obviously filtered and clean, so you probably just overfed or something. To treat bloat, take some thawed, deshelled pea. Mash it up and feed to the sick fish. Also, reduce the amount of food you are feeding or prevent her from eating so much. Usually bloated fish will be very sluggish, and stick to the bottom, or can be found seemingly lifeless on the top of the tank. If your fish is still active, and if she is in fact a molly, then she is probably pregnant. Is this fish a male or female?
Most likely, she is just pregnant. Be prepared for lots of fry! Mollies are very prolific breeders so....

I have Platies and mine look like that when they get pregnant. If she is still active then IMO she is pregnant andnnot bloated

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom