Prehistoric worm!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxVooDooxX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I pulled this from a LR in my tank and don't know what it is. My phone takes terrible pics so I'll describe as best I can. I'll attach a size comparison photo. It's grey, has lots of spiny things all down it's sides and has tentacles on it's face. Looks like some s@&t out of my nightmares!

Attachments

• image-3871138457.jpg
    image-3871138457.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 186
  • image-3911458625.jpg
    image-3911458625.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 192
My guess is it's a bristle worm. I have not heard of them being harmful. Usually a hitchhiker. A six line wrasse will eat bristle worms.

Bristle worms.. First time I saw 3 at once, scared the crap outtta me.. Lol. So I yanked them out. Reasearched and found out they are benefitial, eat up leftovers.. Then one day I caught my coral banded shrimp eating one. Last night I saw 2 more in some LR.. I just left them to be.. Play their roll and meet their fate..

Actually I have a bristle worm and it looks nothing like this ugly bastard! I found one video on YouTube that had one but it had no name. Whatever it is it's predatory and it's got these huge black jaws. Looks like ant mandibles

Yeah I can't tell through the pics but I've heard of that worm, the way you desrcibe it.. Don't remember the name though.. Google the description.

Look up a eunicid worm and see if that's what u got I think these are slightly larger than the photo but could be a baby I guess. Otherwise, bristle worm is a general term and there is 10000 or something species and some do have mandibles.

ok I did some checking and this is the closest I could find.....a BOBBIT WORM....SICK!!!!

Attachments

• worm2.jpg
    worm2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 227
Yeah that's what I have somewhere in the sand bed is a pink one. This monster came out of some LR I added about 4 days ago....just emerged today!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom