Pristilla Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe the lady at your LFS is secretly shaking your fish around in the baggie before she gives them to you haha..

yeah I believe its just stress due to all the changes, try some long periods with no lights give them time to chill..

Well..the madagascar rainbows seem to be breathing a little heavier than normal. Would adding an airstone strip help at all? I'm no genius but wouldn't adding more oxygen to the tank make it a bit easier for them to breath?

Yes, you can add an airstone for more oxygen. I can't remember if you have a powerhead, but that would help too with surface agitation (to create more oxygen).

EDIT: Also, my rainbows are somewhat fast breathers, and I was alarmed by that at first but they are both fine and I think that's just the way they breathe. Do yours look to be struggling to breathe?

I do have a powerhead for my UGF, I also have an air pump with CO2 cartridges. I put in a 12" long air stone before I came to work so hopefully that'll help. My madagascar rainbows are the only ones that seem to be breathing heavy and sitting at the surface.

The only other fish that doesn't appear to be doing well is the pristella tetra originally mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom