Problem pleco! help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirkland795

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently bought a pleco. Its only 1.5 inches at the most. It keeps climbing up and into the filter. It doesn't cause any problems except I bought it to help clean the tank and I would like to see him from time to time. I'm afraid that once it gets bigger this could be a problem. Any advice?

What kind of pleco?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have lots of hiding spots, plants, drift wood?

Well I keep a bare bottom tank since I have some young discus fish I'm growing out. I do have 4 pieces of drift wood and two plants. I could try adding some more decor for hiding places I guess.

It will probably get used to the tank.. they like to burrow under stuff, mine digs out hide aways I'm the sand even..

Plecos, loaches, eels and sometimes shrimp are good for this behavior. It happens to everyone at one time or another, it may possibly have something to do with an instinct to move upstream, I've noticed it more in species that prefer higher flows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

watch that the pleco does not suck on the discus , they are known to do this to discus and angels and will hurt the fish
they sell foam covers for the intakes that will stop fish from getting into them

watch that the pleco does not suck on the discus , they are known to do this to discus and angels and will hurt the fish
they sell foam covers for the intakes that will stop fish from getting into them

They don't go through the intake they make their way up the out flow. The discus juvies should be fine, they aren't over producing the slome coat to feed fry which a pleco would find tasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom