Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13stingeln

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've had two fish die within two weeks and not sure why? I did buy those two from the same store and they were in a tank by themselves not sure if something was up. But anyways all my readings are spot on besides my ph could be a little harder but I don't feel it's to off to kill my fish. I have 5 cichlids still and not sure what to do. My first fish that has died kinda twitched alittle but than hid a lot and didn't eat which was werid because he use to run the tank and the second one that has passed was my yellow lab which had one eye and she use to hide than came out and than died? I'm scared for my acei one that has been spazzing out and swimming all over. Please any advice is appreciated I do not want anymore dead Fishies :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh and all my other fish aren't acting werid at all? I feed them twice a day is that to much? I do water changes weekly 30-40%? Thanks

I say that both coming from the same store, same tank was the problem and they were already deceased when you got them. Sounds like you're doing everything you can for them.
Not knowing the history on your fish and tank makes it tough to diagnose as well.
Sounds like you have mbuna cichlids, they do well in larger groups, depending on the tank size.
From my experience, too little of them and they tend to hide more and of course more aggression as well.

I'd prob feed them once a day and do 15% water changes per week on a well filtered tank, but that's just me.

First I feed once a day two is too many your just causing a **** ton of waste that increases ammonia.
The dead fish could have been a couple of things either they went into shock from the transfer from the store to your tank this usually happens when a ph reading in your house is way off from the store ph or you have a really high ammonia or nitrite reading basically something was off by a lot.
Last what are your readings in your tests. Take a reading and have them test it at you LFS

Back
Top Bottom