Problems after more problems..now ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The prime should get here today so I will use that with my water change tomorrow. I'm going to put a full treatment of the kordon in tonight. I only did half today because I treated it with the other ich stuff last night

I had to order a heater for my cichlid tank yesterday err so I feel your money issues but not to bad on Amazon reg 45.00 in the store 23 on Amazon

So you guys are going back and forth about the water changes. Should I keep doing 25% everyday or not? My tank is cycling so I have high nitrates and nitrites and I have ich

Yes do your water change add meds look at the time follow up the same time the following day, keep Doing 25%

Turn your lights off if you don't have plants.
It will help the meds stay effective longer as light breaks them down.
While changing water to get through a cycle or high reading the % you change is the & the nutrient will be reduced...
So you may depending on levels need to change much more then 25%...
As for after you tank is filtered it is up to you I suppose.
You can never change too much if done properly...
I change water almost daily on my grow out tanks...

Turn your lights off if you don't have plants.
It will help the meds stay effective longer as light breaks them down.
While changing water to get through a cycle or high reading the % you change is the & the nutrient will be reduced...
So you may depending on levels need to change much more then 25%...
As for after you tank is filtered it is up to you I suppose.
You can never change too much if done properly...
I change water almost daily on my grow out tanks...
I disagree with you can never change to much, maybe if they are doing water only but if they gravel vac every day they can kill their bio bed and she has a cartridge filter that really doesn't hold as much bb as say a aquaclear with ceramics or matrix so she could be causing her tank to cycle constantly because of all the gravel vac's killing the bio bed (substrate).

She new so I'm trying to keep it simple and not frustrate her from confusion lol, yes technically you can do water changes everyday as long as you're not vacuuming the gravel every day, your filter holds 80% of your beneficial bacteria your gravel holds 20% (approx )

So keep doing 25% every night before you do your dose of rid ich, as coralbandit said lights off as I mentioned way back in the post do the treatment before you then your lights off for the night, don't get frustrated as fish keeping can be frustrating you just have to read, ask people, etc etc.

I do agree it can be done though, but I wouldn't recommended doing it for someone who is new.

I disagree with you can never change to much, maybe if they are doing water only but if they gravel vac every day they can kill their bio bed and she has a cartridge filter that really doesn't hold as much bb as say a aquaclear with ceramics or matrix so she could be causing her tank to cycle constantly because of all the gravel vac's killing the bio bed (substrate).

She new so I'm trying to keep it simple and not frustrate her from confusion lol, yes technically you can do water changes everyday as long as you're not vacuuming the gravel every day, your filter holds 80% of your beneficial bacteria your gravel holds 20% (approx )

So keep doing 25% every night before you do your dose of rid ich, as coralbandit said lights off as I mentioned way back in the post do the treatment before you then your lights off for the night, don't get frustrated as fish keeping can be frustrating you just have to read, ask people, etc etc.

I do agree it can be done though, but I wouldn't recommended doing it for someone who is new.
I have to vaccum my gravel though because of the ich? Or should I just vaccum it when it's all over and done with?

You're just gravel vacuuming the top of the gravel not doing a deep gravel vac meaning your not going all the way into the gravel when you're vacuuming just pretty much skimming the surface of the top layer

Back
Top Bottom