Problems everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was nothing wrong with him last night. Like he was perfectly fine. He had no spots no nothing. He was a tiny one so I thought maybe he just accidently got pulled in during the night?

There was nothing wrong with him last night. Like he was perfectly fine. He had no spots no nothing. He was a tiny one so I thought maybe he just accidently got pulled in during the night?

I mean its possible but if I was a betting man I'd say it was sick and weak. I have fry in my tank that don't fall victim to the intake.

you never know if a fish is sick or not just by looking at him. the common problems, such as ich that you've encountered, are easily noticeable, other problems such as parasites take some time to be noticed. the fact that your fish is stuck on the filter means that it didn't have the strength to swim away from the intake, a clear sign of some weakness in the fish. Healthy fish are used to swim upstream and what-not in their natural environment, especially during breeding seasons. I would bet my money on the fact that the fish was sick before it got stuck, it's just that the symptom was not apparent.

Well maybe that was it then. That sucks. Now there's diseases I can't cure lol

Well maybe that was it then. That sucks. Now there's diseases I can't cure lol

that's the painful truth in this business, which is the reason why you need a quarantine tank which you will put your new fish for at least 2-3 weeks just to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the fish before you endanger the population in your community tank. Truth to be told, even lfs don't go through this screening process when they add fish. It's just how hardcore you decide you want to go through with.

I'm having a problem right now with my fish where one fish slowly dies after 4,5 months and then all the sudden the illness jumps to the other fish of the same species, i've applied all the medications designed to treat this particular disease without success and i can only watch it die slowly. there's no apparent symptom initially and will only be noticeable after months, by which point the fish is beyond saving.

That is terrible! It just seems that there's nothing to do! Almost makes you not want any fish

What if you keep them quarantined and then you add them into your regular tank and then something happens?

What if you keep them quarantined and then you add them into your regular tank and then something happens?

Like many other hobbyists on the forum, prevention is the best solution. There's only so much that we can do and then all we can do is have our fingers crossed that the fish is not carry any of those diseases that take long time to manifest

Also my neon had its full color. I read where you can tell something's wrong by its color not bein as bright. If it was something internal that wasn't noticeable like y'all thought would that mean that it's color wouldn't have been fading either?

Also my neon had its full color. I read where you can tell something's wrong by its color not bein as bright. If it was something internal that wasn't noticeable like y'all thought would that mean that it's color wouldn't have been fading either?

depending on the fish. the fish i'm having problem with is my dwarf puffers. Color test doesn't work at ALL. And you should be mindful that some fish, such as clown loaches, change color or have faded color when there's stress. simple things in my tank such as turning the light on and off triggers that as well. Sometimes the stress or whatever that triggers the illness is not noticeable or you can't trace back to. You can look into the pictures under my account, specifically the pictures of the dwarf puffers, and you can't see anything wrong with them. But one of them is slowing dying away.

Crazy! Almost not worth it! I hope my other two turn out ok. And yours too! Ill update on the nitrite again later.

Nitrite is still high after a 50% water change. And a24 hr wait. Fish remaining seem to be fine. Question though. The yellow one that had the fungus or whatever in the straight line on its tail. It is now brown....where it was white. The white specs went away and now in place of them are brown spots.

Don't know how good y'all can see these. On some there's really only one brown dot that stands out. There are just others in line. Basically just like what I dealt with before. Just brown.

image-3579610662.jpg

Attachments

• image-3913497392.jpg
    image-3913497392.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image-1288505829.jpg
    image-1288505829.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 56
Seem to be doing ok today. I also got a quarantined tank. A small one. I used half water from aquarium and then half fresh water. I'm wondering about this cycling? Any thoughts

Seem to be doing ok today. I also got a quarantined tank. A small one. I used half water from aquarium and then half fresh water. I'm wondering about this cycling? Any thoughts

put something from the original tank, ie some substrate gravels or decor or plants, into the quarantine tank and then it should take care of itself because these items have healthy dose of bacteria that's needed in your original tank. if you want to be sure, you can always buy a small feeder fish to kickstart the cycling process

Back
Top Bottom