Protein skimmer advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try to get it calibrated cause they are usually off. I have a hydrometer and it read .023 when the water was actually .027 with a hydrometer and calibrating can save you money as well

How do I get it calibrated?

You know quite honestly,..If you're really serious about getting a nice tank up and running I'd scrap that hydrometer and spend a few bucks and invest in a refractometer , the hydrometer is affected by by your water's temperature ,the hundreds of little micro bubbles always trying to lift up on your floating arm ,salt crystals etc....I know there's a lot of hobbiest here who have purchased a refractometer on eBay for a very reasonable rate ( $20+ )., and that $20 bucks spent now could save you a lot of money and trouble down the line,..jmho,... Dary

If you can find one in your price range then get it. But to calibrate you take water sample and test it on your hydrometer then test it on a refractometer ex. If the refractometer says .023 and your hydrometer says .027 use a marker and mark .023 on the hydrometer where the pointer points at.

Back
Top Bottom