Protein Skimmer for 30 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am very new to this, but i can say that after a ton of reading and research it seems that the aqua c remora ( with maxi jet upgrade ) may be the favorite. i just got mine yesterday for my 29 gal. the CPR bak pak 2R also was very well liked.

steve r

Aqua C Remora beats the Bak Pak hands down. I had both so I am talking from experience here. Don't get me wrong, the Bak Pak is good, but the Aqua C is better.

If the Remora seems to expensive, I think the CPR will be fine for a tank that size. I started running one on my 40g about 2 weeks ago, and I'm impressed with its effeciency. Granted I can only compare it to a Prizm, but the difference there was night and day.
Either of the 2 you've selected are going to treat you well, so I wouldn't sweat that.
If you do go with a sump, the in-sump skimmers are supposed to be more efficient than the hang-on models.

CPR HOB skimmer. Gotta clean it once or twice a year (And I mean take it to the sink and get all the goodies out) or it loses effiency real fast. I suppose that goes for any skimmer though. So far as I can tell, it produces copious amounts of skimmate (Yummy.)

Back
Top Bottom