protruding anus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi
I have a female bosemani rainbow that has had a protruding anus for almost a week, today i was looking at her and noticed there was a worm or what appeared to be one... hanging from the protrusion... it was white and about half an inch long, i did not see it move though...

I feed them peas almost every day, however this female hasnt eaten in a whil
Im going to fast them for a couple days

What else should be done?

There are medicated foods that are good for dealing with internal parasites. Since your rainbow isn't eating that might not work for you. I seem to recall reading that an epsom salt bath in a quarantine tank might help. I will try and see if I can find the article for you.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just found this on another site:

If*fish*won't feed a, medicated metronidazole bath, the medication comes in liquid form.

I was wrong about using epsom salt.

Api general cure has metro and prazi in it if i recall correctly...
Would that stuff work for internal parasites?

Im going to treat my display tank just in case she spread it to the others

I also plan to introduce 2 new females since one of my other females coloured up beautifully when i brought him home and turned out to be a male, so ill just treat everyone at the same time when i bring home the 2 females

But yea is general cure good enough?

When dealing with an undiagnosed outbreak, I would probably use the general cure. I'd be reticent to introduce new fish until this situation is under control. I would also suggest investing in a quarantine tank for future additions.

Back
Top Bottom