Protrusion guppy chest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saffier

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
I am new to the forum, and I wanted to see if anyone could help me identify what is wrong with one of guppies. He had a small pink protrusion on his chest last night and I thought maybe he'd been picked on. However it has gotten bigger when I checked today and all of online research says maybe a parasite or bloat? I am attaching a photo.

Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20191101_171511.jpg
    20191101_171511.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20191101_171525.jpg
    20191101_171525.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 50
I am not a FW person but it looks like some type of tumor. Maybe some type of help will follow me.

I would quarantine him either way to be safe. If its a tumor I don't think there's much you can do, but you can treat it as if it's a parasite and see if medication helps.

Thank you both for the replies. I don't believe it is a tumor because this morning it was gone but left a sore on his chest where it was. I will treat it as a parasite. I appreciate the help.

Guppy parasite?

I posted before regarding my guppy having a weird bubble on his chest. It went away and was replaced by a small red sore over the course of 48 hours. I ordered parasite medication that will deliver today, but I just wanted to post a photo because I have never seen anything like this. The guppy is acting fine, but I definitely see what appears to be him pooping out of his chest. I can't find any info online about something like this, so I thought that I would share and see if anyone else has seen anything like this?

Attachments

• 20191103_162910.jpg
    20191103_162910.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 36
The only thing online that I can find is called "gas bubble disease"
Maybe look it up and see if any of the symptoms match?

Back
Top Bottom